Are you up for an a(dog)venture?
An amazing and absolutely exciting, long-term (15+ years) yet completely unpredictable, time-consuming, cash-eating and inevitably ending with a heart-break adventure?
You’re in the right place!
All that and more comes with one dog* that you’re just thinking about to get.
Please read fine print before signing the contract.
- Most definitely you will be required to wake up at ungodly hours to:
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Walk the dog (lucky you â€“ walking means nothing to clean at home)
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Clean numbers 1 or 2 or 3** or all of them at once
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â You might step in one of those while doing the check â€“ so extra shower for you needs to be anticipated.
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Calm your dog because there is firework hell outside and the poor pooch is getting sick from fear
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Your dog found his favorite toy and wanted to share the joy with you.
- Please secure extra money to spend for the usual vet checks, worming, micro-chipping, dog license and also the unexpected consequences of your dogsâ€™ exploring nature. A little heads up: the other ones are usually more expensive, hence start saving. NOW!!!
- Is your car dog-proofed? No. Better start proofing. NOW. Google it – Donâ€™t wait as it might mess up your holiday***
- Spontaneous getaways, last minute holiday deals? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Sorry â€“ unless it is an extra walk with your dog on the usual route. Just remember to take your poop bags, at least one ball, treats â€¦ehm… somebody said spontaneous..?! 😉
- Please introduce your kids to the dog properly. Misunderstandings can end in unexpected and unnecessary heart-break. Invite a professional if necessary.
- Provide proper training in order to maintain sanity.
- We mean it! Really! The time you spend with your dog playing and training will make all the difference.
- Stepping in poop in your best shoes, running late to the most important appointment endangers world peace â€“scoop the poop! Karma is a b**** – it might be your dogsâ€™ poop in the end.
- Please be prepared to spend a good while outside in all weathers before your dog finds THE spot. Coming back before he does â€“ again world peace aka your sanity is at stake! (Please see point 1.)
- Oooh…and please remember: dog hair goes with everything. Literally EVERYTHING. Breakfast, dinner, snacks, best dress, worst shoes, beloved socks, brand new suit, underwear…as I said, every single thing.
- Whatever you love â€“ there’s a big chance your dog will love it as much- or maybe more. And he will want to share. The sacrifices we make, make us stronger â€“ and also shoe-less, chair-less, clothes-less, book-less â€“ you.name.it-less. Are you ready to make them?
- Please enjoy your dogsâ€™ company â€“ you are from now on his whole world â€“ donâ€™t waste it. Itâ€™s the best thing that can happen to you.
- At some point you will need to say the final farewell. It will break your heart. Actually it will shatter it to pieces.Donâ€™t let it stop you â€“ it is all worth the love you will receive while the dog-venture lasts.
- And the last but not least valid point. If you donâ€™t feel ready for any of it â€“ just donâ€™t. Save the dogsâ€™ life and get yourself an exotic holiday or a day at a spa.Â It will make you feel good, but will not break the dogsâ€™ heart and life in the process.Â Everyone will respect you more for making this decision.
*(multiple dogs = multiple all)
** (yes – dogs do get sick sometimes â€“ usually at night, usually when youâ€™re dead tired and most definitely when no vet is open)
*** Actually start planning your holiday now â€“ it is not easy to find dog friendly spots or a dog sitter for the time.Â And NO â€“ it will not sort itself out somehow! Youâ€™re the one to sort it from now on for the next 15+years at least.